• info@europestudycentre.com
  • call chat+91 9072575150


Student Visa in Austria

Written by ESC Author on 08 Apr 2022 Posted in Blog

Austria is the best places to study in europe for international students from throughout the world. It has some of the greatest public universities in Europe and offers reasonable tuition for bachelor’s degree europe. Furthermore, it provides excellent job opportunities for students who choose to remain in Austria after completing their studies.

Student Visa for EU/EEA/EFTA Nationals in Austria

You do not want a visa to visit Austria if you are a European citizen. A valid passport or identity card, the financial means to maintain yourself throughout your stay, and valid health insurance are the only documents you'll need. If you intend to stay in Austria for longer than three months, you must register with the authorized municipal authorities before four months of your arrival.


Student Visa for Non-EU/EEA/EFTA Nationals in Austria Prerequisites

If you are an international student planning to study in Austria for fewer than six months, you must apply for a student visa in Austria at the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Within three working days of entering the nation, you must register with the local authorities. You'll need a registration form, which may be found online or at registration offices that you must fill out and get signed by your landlord. In Austria, there are two kinds of student visas available to international students:

Visa C: Helps to stay in Austria and all Schengen nations for up to 90 days (3 months) and is not required if you are allowed into the country without a visa.

Visa D: For stays of at least 91 days and up to 6 months, this visa is required.


Only official Austrian representations are able to process student visa applications prior to your arrival. This authority is the only one that can issue your visa/residence permit, therefore apply as soon as possible, even three to six months before your expected arrival date. It's important to note that in Austria, student visa extensions aren't permitted. Depending on the amount of applicants, your student visa application will be processed in 1-4 weeks.


You can continue to work in Austria once you finish your bachelor’s degree europe, if you have a residency permit. After your student visa expires, you must leave Austria if you do not have a work permit or a resident permit. You can request a 'job seeker visa,' allowing you to stay in Austria for up to 6 months while looking for work. If you gain employment during these six months, you can apply for a Red-White-Red Card, allowing you to stay and work in Austria for up to 2 years.

Join our network today, and keep it up!