• info@europestudycentre.com
  • call chat+91 9072575150


Things to Know Before You Start Your International Education in Hungary

Written by ESC Admin on 02 Feb 2021 Posted in Blog

Study in Hungary

Hungary is a tiny, beautiful country with an atmosphere that is healthy and pleasant. While it is not as well-known in terms of international studies as other European countries, many top-quality Bachelor's or Master's degrees can be studied in Hungary. Several universities in Hungary have been recognized as having strong academics and are still present in the world's leading university rankings.

More and more students have opted to study abroad in Hungary in recent years and to indulge themselves in a wonderful experience. So you'll definitely want to know some of the most relevant practical elements as a student in Hungary that will help you adapt more easily to life in any student city in Hungary. While Hungary is a member of the European Union, it is not possible to use Euros in general: the official currency is Forint (Ft). Although you can still pay with Euros in some locations but expect to receive forints back.

Things to Know about Hungary

There are plenty of concessions available for students in Hungary, such as public transport, sporting venues or movie tickets, all of which with the student card would cost about half of the original amount. Students in Hungary will get a discount of up to 50% on travel costs. You need to bring a valid student card with you to purchase tickets for the student award, or you will get fined. Sadly, for exchange students, there are limitations, and they vary from company to company.

One of the most important things you need to prepare for when you go abroad is housing. You can get accommodation in dormitories or student residences, depending on the university, but if it's not the case, the university may help you find a place to rent. If the university has an ESN (Erasmus Student Network) branch, they can help you with accommodation as well as any problems you may have.

When you are overseas, if you need medical support, you should know where to turn. You may qualify for a foreign social insurance card as a member of the European Union (EHIC). With this card, you can obtain care at the same cost and under the same conditions as individuals insured in this country

Join our network today, and keep it up!