• info@europestudycentre.com
  • 86 064 66 698

Study in Estonia

Estonia is one of the most dynamic new EU member states, and a unique location between the East and the West. Due to its favourable location on the shore of the Baltic Sea, Estonia has often been regarded as a bridge between different countries and cultures. The country's complex history and successful transition from a communist past to democracy offers a unique perspective on the problems shaping the future of the region and the continent. What is the weather like in Estonia ? Estonia has a temperate climate, with warm summers and cold winters. Temperatures range from a summer average of 21°C (70°F) to a winter average of-8°C (18°F). Being on the Baltic Sea, the country is subjected to sea breezes and humidity, and its northern latitude means long summer daylight hours (the longest summer day stretches to 19 hours), and dark winters when daylight sometimes lasts only six hours. Do I need to speak Estonian to live in Tartu/Estonia ? English and Russian are widely spoken in Estonia. You do not need to speak Estonian in order to live and study here. However we encourage international students to take Estonian as an elective course during their studies to feel more comfortable in the country and understand better Estonia and Estonians. How much does it cost to study at the University of Tartu ? Tuition fees for the degree-seeking students in Estonia are in the range of 3000-11,000 EUR per academic year. If I'm a student of international business, can I still choose courses from other programmes ? Yes, you can choose the courses from any programme taught in English, as long as they will be accepted by your home university (please contact the coordinator to make sure of it). However, you might face some difficulties while arranging your schedule, as the courses from different programmes might overlap. Is it legal for a foreign student to work part-time during his/her studies in Estonia ? Non-EU students who have been issued a residence permit for studies are allowed to work when it does not interfere their studies. Students holding temporary residence permit must study full-time (at least 22.5 ECTS per semester).

Apply Now

Join our network today, and keep it up!